1. Mustard Yellow | Around New Year’s Eve, I was looking for a good color to feature on the @fleurish1994 twitter when I happened upon this mustard yellow. It’s my new favorite and apparently, Michelle Obama’s as well.
2. JUNGLEPUSSY | Pregnant with Success
Back with her sophomore album, the brown queen of health and style is out here trying to remind girls of their worth and their potential. I finally got a chance to listen uninterrupted and I’m upset I didn’t do it earlier. Personal Favorites: Spicy 103 FM, Pop For You & ‘Bout You. Listen here.
3. River Island Utility Playsuit In Floral Print
Photo via ASOS
It’s so gloomy lately here and honestly, I just want it to either snow or just let spring come. For the latter, I’ve been eyeing this playsuit. (It also features mustard yellow.)
4. I’m a Sagittarius so by nature, I’m prone to bouts of wanderlusting (it’s a verb now, ok?) Lee Litumbe and her blog, Spirited Pursuit has been feeding my lust to break out of the US.
5. Adidas Tubular
I confess, I am a sneaker head. I love them, I cherish them and I pine for them. I first saw these on Twitter in a beautiful olive green and just knew. Momentarily, I am searching for it in a more unique colorway but right now, I just want to stare at its beauty.
- Song Exploder – A podcast that breaks down elements of an artist’s song through interviews with that artist and/or influential people involved with its production. It can uncover Easter eggs hidden in the song and often makes me have an “A-ha!” moment. I came across this podcast when I was very into the song “Inside Out” by Spoon. This episode is still one of my favorites. Other episodes/songs I really enjoy:
- “Multi-Love” by Unknown Mortal Orchestra
- “Half-Dome” by Toro Y Moi
- “Water Fountain” by tUnE-yArDs
- “Them Changes” by Thundercat
- “A Beautiful Woman” by Deradoorian
The most recent episode is about “Time to Pretend” by MGMT, which brought up feelings of teen girl nostalgia for me. MGMT is a band that I listened to heavily during high school and I’ve got the Last.fm stats to prove it. What I’m looking forward to is the next episode which will break down “Rewind” by Kelela.
2. Vegan Doughnuts – One day, I went to lunch with one of my best friends since high school and we ventured into the West End. There, we went to Tassili’s Raw Reality, a plant-based restaurant serving kale wraps, salads, and the like. I didn’t order a meal, but what caught my eye were these pastries that were initially ambiguous. Once I asked, and found out they were doughnuts, my sweet tooth led me to a large chocolate-covered one with blueberries on top. This was probably in November and I can’t stop thinking about it. Especially now that I have a flyer for a vegan doughnut shop, also in the West End, sitting in my drawer.
3. Kelsey Lu – Morning After Coffee – I have followed Kelsey Lu for quite some time on Instagram. I’ve seen her feature on StyleLikeU and I was aware that she made music. For some reason or another, I hadn’t actually heard her music until now. Because I am speechless over how much I enjoyed this (and I’m wondering why it took me so long to listen), I’ll let the video speak for itself.
4. Self-Care – Cold wintry days can sometimes make people feel blue. And for people who feel this way more often, this season can be especially dreary. We have to be attentive to our emotional (and overall) needs; make a self-care kit or talk to someone you trust if you feel comfortable. Just remember to take care of you.
5. This article with a slideshow of outfits worn by Solange, proving that she looks great in every color and slays all year long.